Sunday, June 26, 2005

SICK and ATTITUDE

At the end of the afternoon CBC Politics broadcast on September 15, 2004, host Don Newman said jokingly that the motto for Canada is: “Canada, the greatest country to be sick.”

Background

It was the last day of the hugely important – for PM Paul Martin’s political career anyways - first minister’s conference on health care. Earlier, Newfoundland and Labrador premier Danny Williams had criticized that this federal government had an attitude problem.

On Wednesday morning, Newfoundland and Labrador Premier Danny Williams called the process a farce, and said "the prime minister needs a change in attitude." (CBC)

Log-jammed, the meeting moved to closed doors and Paul Martin thus broke his promise of openness and transparency. Under pressure, he handed $40 billions to the provinces with virtually no condition attached.

Nuts

There are two nuts in this note.

  1. The first nut, sick, was extremely hot. Just an hour before, I posted this blog.

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

"If I get elected, I promise I will make you sick."

David Letterman, September 6, 2004.

posted by Jim Yu at 1:22 PM

  1. The second nut, attitude, has its origin in my first release on December 12, 2003. It is the heart of my story – racism and bigotry.

“... Most other comments put the root problem of the proposed legislation squarely on [the government’s] attitude in creating two classes of citizens.”

Comments

In August, I said that watching David Letterman’s show made me sick. The above quote from his show on September 6 simply suggested that not only did Letterman’s show read my blog, it also responded to it. For other nuts-cracking stuff by David Letterman, read this part of my report.

Recently, NDP leader Jack Layton also publicly used the word “attitude” on Paul Martin just before he went into negotiation with him in a Toronto hotel, which resulted the NDP Budget that saved the minority Liberal government.

I don’t blame either Williams or Layton for their taking advantage of Martin’s situation. After all, how could this country possibly be strong when “the king” has no clothes?